Standing Tall

Standing in the face of today’s depreciating values.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reality vs Capability

Over the many years I have been on this planet, I have done quite a few DIY projects. Having lived n a farm we didn't call them DIY projects, they were simply chores that needed to be done!

However, my latest DIY project that was placed on my burner by powers other than myself, is not a simple one, and might possibly be out of my capability.

However, I wonder if it is out of my skill set or just that I am not feeling capable due to having done so many and not really looking forward to another. It is a question I have been asking myself. Thus the project has not been started yet.

Well, it is a bathroom, a complete overhaul and more. She wants, a whirlpool tub where there is now a stand up shower, a towel warmer where is not one now, tile floor with an under tile heated to keep the toes warm in winter. She wants a tile wall in the tub area, all three walls, and a window to the outside where there is not a window right now!

This is no light project. It will take all my skills and combine them in one large project. Everything in this I have done before save the window, so it is matter of breaking it down to small bits I suppose.

I picked up the tub, and the tiles. So, all I need now is the motivation to get started. I have to tear out the shower and all the sheet rock, and then get to the plumbing so I can redirect it to eh new tub shower solution. Cut out the window and get one in there while the walls are exposed, then get the tub in.

After the tub I suppose re-sheet rock the walls that will be challenging, hope it woks out with the window in plumbing, and then tile. Final step paint. Mind you this not that large of a bathroom, so it will be tight working space as well.

Well, another week or two to get in the mood should do it. As Fall is arriving that makes it a bit better I suppose.

My overall issue with this is simple I suppose. I am not getting any younger and my time is becoming more valuable to me. Do I want to spend it fighting to install a new bathroom, or enjoying the time with my family?

Lately I have been feeling quite mortal, don't know why, but not liking the feeling. Going through another round of tests to determine a certain illness, several years ago we did this and to no avail. So, we make a go at it again this year, and hope for the best. Was it Paul in the Bible who appealed to God for release of his illness. We aren't told what the illness is, but there is speculation.

We have our burdens to bear, and I know there are others out there with burdens I can not imagine. However I am feeling a bit down with this illness, and it is taking it's toll. Wearing me down over the past several years. Seems to be sapping my strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home