Standing Tall

Standing in the face of today’s depreciating values.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Babies

My son is no longer a baby being seven now, well, according to his math seven and one half! However over the weekend I got to visit with a little baby, and it was a delight.

It has been many years since I had a little baby in my arms, and it felt good, well actually it felt really good. They are warm cuddly and so fragile. truth be told I did not hold the baby over the weekend, I was making a rudder for my boat and had lots of chemicals all over me, so I did not want to pass any potential danger on to the baby.

I did hold the baby a week earlier while in NYC, and that was nice. I wanted to hold her when she was over this weekend, but I could smell the chemicals on me. and could not risk it. It was very nice to have company, but not just any company, but family. Though she is not family by blood she is family just the same. To see her so happily married, and with a baby, it was a heart warming experience.

My goal was to cook some special food items, but I ended up with simple grilled steak and over roasted potatoes, and with corn so prevalent this time of year I picked up a few ears. but, i was busy with the boat repair so I didn't put as much effort in to the meal as I should have, still it was nice, informal and enjoyable.

The older I get it seems to more I need babies around, it is a good feeling to know that the next generations are carrying on, and taking our place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home