Standing Tall

Standing in the face of today’s depreciating values.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Wrestling with this....

For about a month now, something has been weighing heavily on my mind. I have to ask if this is something I am wanting to do or am I being called to do this.

What I am talking about is mission work. Maybe it is a culmination of events that and is simply something I am focusing on, so in light of it I am doing some research and thinking and mostly praying.

I feel compelled to go on a mission. Should I go, I then have to decide how to go and where to go. Many people go to Africa or Mexico and other places; my feeling is to go to Africa. Why is the big question?

Am I going to gratify some need for myself or would I be going to actually do something. If I am going to actually do something what is that something. is it to spread the word of the gospel or fulfill some other need. Then there is the issue of family. I do not want ot go alone, i mean I can it is not a problem for me to go alone, there is no fear for myself.

My family is important to me and I want my son to go with me. Yes my wife as well, but I do not think she would go, nor would she be willing to let our son without her meaning my five year old would not be able to go unless my wife went.

There are family missions I ran across while doing some looking. Perhaps I can present this to my wife in such a way, as she will see that it would be something we can do as a family. Start off slowly and see how it proceeds from there. I would like to take a two-week trip and see what there is to it. Instead of going to Disney or some other tourist trap, I would rather do something with lasting impact. Change some lives for the better, share what limited skills I may have.

This is a new idea for me, as I have always believed in serving locally. there are local needs as well as global needs. Yes it would be exciting to go to Africa and serve there fore for a time, feed some people, help them understand Gods word. However the need is just as great right here in our own front yard.

This will take some serious praying to know Gods will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home