Standing Tall

Standing in the face of today’s depreciating values.

Friday, May 26, 2006

I am a sexist!

Yes, that’s me. At least that is what I was called the other day.

Recently I was called to an office to look into a technical issue with a computer system. This office is all women; they type on keyboards all day long, data entry. As I moved towards the area I needed to go to, there was a tight passageway one person at a time could squeeze through there to get around to the back area.

One of the ladies was coming out of the area, so I stepped back and allowed her to pass first. Two reasons, mainly because allowing a woman to pass first is the right thing to do, and because the area was small it would be easier for me to crawl around on the floor looking for wires without another body there.

After she passed, she turned to me and told me point blank " you know, you are a sexist"! I told her in days gone by that same act was called chivalry. She looked at me and shook her head and walked away.

What did I miss there? Women want respect from men, but when they get they beat us with it. Then they wonder where has the respect gone, and why aren’t men nice to them anymore. I will continue to be chivalrous regardless of her comment though in a work place she could possibly file a sexual misconduct claim. That would make my life miserable at work not to mention possibly get me fired these days.

So, in an age where chivalry is considered deviant, what is a man to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home